Hi everyone, I hope you’re all well and had an amazing Christmas!
I just wanted to give everyone a quick update on the latest news regarding the tier 4 lockdown period in Wales and what the plan is for the next few weeks.
Like probably most of you, I am still waiting on an announcement from the First Minister to know exactly where we are in terms of the tier 4 lockdown period and our return to training…
From my understanding of it and what I have read so far, the original tier 4 lockdown was for a period of 3 weeks from the 28th of December. As we went into lockdown earlier, I think the government’s plan at this stage is to review the situation in the coming weeks and to decide if they can alleviate some of the restrictions in place.
I think that they now realize the importance of exercising and staying active for children, and with schools possibly being open in early January, I hope they will allow us to resume training as soon as possible.
What does it mean for us?
- The plan for now is to start back with all classes from Monday the 18th of January 2021 (end of the first original 3 weeks lockdown period) if we can... This will leave us with 2 full weeks of training in January and hopefully we can continue as normal after that.
- As I am planning our return to training from the 18th of January, I will ask everyone, if you can, to pay your full monthly fee in January. The last 2 weeks of Training in January means that I still have to cover the different hall fees so I will need all monthly payments as normal.
- Because we are missing 2 weeks of training in January, every student will get a discount on their next grading. If we have to cancel more training in January or we are not able to train at all, this discount will increase so you do not lose your money.
- Please remember that there are many resources on the website (www.neilgimbeltkd.com) for everyone to stay busy at home while we’re off training. Just chose one of the many lessons, workouts, fitness or patterns videos and have a go! I know it’s not the same as being in class, but it is still better than no training at all.
- I am not at this stage planning any Zoom classes for the first 2 weeks of January. The reality is that the online Zoom classes were not busy enough earlier in the year and from the feedback that I had the first time, students were not that keen on them… If there is enough demand, I will consider starting on Zoom again if the lockdown period lasts longer.
This situation is difficult to plan for but I will keep everyone updated as soon as possible.
May I take this opportunity to thank you one more time for your continued support this year, it has been challenging, and without your help the clubs would simply not exist anymore!
I hope that 2021 will be a much better year for all of us!
See you all very soon, please do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any question.